Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Natural Hair Journey | THE BIG CHOP

When I started to lose weight I thought since I'm shedding so much dead weight I might as well shed everything that was dead in my life.

I felt God was moving in my life and He was preparing me for my transformation.

I was becoming a new me.

A new woman and I wanted a fresh new start.

I prayed to God and thanked Him for all the positive changes He was making present in my life and I thanked Him for working on me and transforming me into a new and whole woman. I then said to myself that if I lost 20 pounds then I would do the BIG chop.

Well the 20 pounds melted off me quicker than I thought it would.  

As my confidence grew more and more. I was READY!

I felt in my heart that since my body was changing and my mindset was changing my hair needed a change too. I always wanted to try to go natural but in the past I worried about how would people preserve me or look at me. 

But in the past year I've learned more and more of what Keisha likes and more and more I'm becoming the woman I want to become.

June 6, 2017 is the day I did the BIG CHOP. It was a fresh new start. A new beginning for me on my journey.

I felt so liberated. I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders. I was 20 pounds lighter and I was natural. I grew a confidence I never knew I had. I began to smile and cry. I smiled like I never smiled before.

I felt naked. I had nothing to hid behind. I couldn't hide behind my wigs or weaves. What you saw was me. My eyes got brighter. My skin glowed. My smile got bigger.



 The Self Love I began to develop felt Amazing. 

No comments: