Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Fashion | Closet Clutter + Wardrobe Makeover

Hey Dolls!

Let's face it! Not only did I need a life makeover but my wardrobe and closet needs a major makeover as well. 

My poor wardrobe and closet has been neglected for the past 5 years.

For 5 years, I was overweight and wore a size 18 in jeans and XXL in shirts, so a lot of my clothes are way too big and I need to get rid of them, but at the same time it's hard to part with them. There a reminder of how far I've come and shows me where I started from. 

I hated shopping and trying on clothes. I was always uncomfortable going into a fitting room. For three years straight I didn't buy myself anything to wear and when I did buy myself something it was either a coverup or something black. 

For years I hid behind Black and Coverups.
{I cringle every time I look at this picture. Notice in
the picture I had on a coverup and a jacket at the same time}

No more hiding behind anything black, jackets or coverups.  

2017 was different I started embracing my new body and my weight loss. I started shopping (well twice I went shopping lol) and buying myself clothes. It felt good to try on something with confidence and actually leave the store with it. I started to feel good about my body but when I look at my closet and wardrobe I don't have the same feeling. 

Let's take a look into my closet. Brace yourself because it's horrible.

My closet consist of scarfs, Jackets and more Jackets, Black dresses, Black pants, Jeans and more Jeans I can not fit, a thousand of coverups, 1 fur vest, a couple of maternity dresses {I know, I know why do I still have maternity clothes in my closet} and 2 white button down shirts that are 2X. My wardrobe is very tiny and small. 

This is how I normally dress.


I'm either in a sweater, a t-shirt, jeans, workout pants or leggings. 

As you can see my closet and wardrobe needs a major revamping!

But that all will definitely change this year. As I am growing and blossoming into the woman I want to become so will my wardrobe and style. I want my style to reflect how I feel and my personality. I feel beautiful and amazing. I'm loud, fun, happy, and creative. I want my outer appearance to resemble my inner self. I now love myself and I want to love how I look. I dress like a tomboy and I'm far from a tomboy. I'm very girly and femine and I would love to see that reflect more in my closet and wardrobe.

After going through my closet I realize I need to get rid of all my size 16 and size 18 jeans/pants and all my XLarge and XXL shirts. They no longer serve no prusse to me and they must go! I need to get rid of all my coverups and jackets that I hid behind for years. I am no longer in hiding. 

I made a list and joited down things I love:
Off the shoulder shirts
Skirts
Dresses
Lace
Faux Fur
Peplum Tops
Denim
Floral
Heels
Purple
Leopard 
Red
Plaid
Booties/Ankle boots

Then I looked in my closet to see if I had any of these items. I had a bunch of dresses but they were all black. I have tons and tons of lace. I definitely plan to lay off purchasing anything with lace for a while. I have 1 off the shoulder top, 1 peach color faux fur and 1 peplum top in blue, which is actually a maternity top I wore when I was pregnant with my boys. I have 1 purple skirt and I own nothing red.

Things I plan to work on and slowly add to my wardrobe:
1. Adding color to my wardrobe- bright and fun colors
2. Jazzing up my leggings- not just wearing them with sweaters or tennis
3. Add more Denim- a skirt, a blue jean jacket, a blouse
4. Polka Dots- I notice I have a boat load of stripes but no polka dots
5. More Faux Fur
6. Colored pants- I've never own a pair of colored pants besides black
7. More Dresses- that are NOT black!
8. Mixing Prints- I've never mixed patterns or prints before 
9. More white, nudes, and creams- for years I avoided wearing white but last year I embraced wearing white for the first time...
...and it felt amazing!

Step 1: De-cluttering and removing almost everything from my closet.
This is only the beginning I still have to go through more clothes so wish me luck!

I would love to hear what are some things you would like to see more of in your wardrobe or style?

No comments: