Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Maybelline Fit me Foundation: Thoughts & Swatches

Hey Dolls!

How is your week going so far? I hope you all are having a great week and I hope your weekend is even better ;0}

Here's my review on the Maybelline Fit me foundation. I purchase this foundation a couple of weeks but I never got around to trying it, so the other day I tested it out. I love trying out new foundations because I have oily skin so I love to try out different foundations to find out if they work for my skin and ones that don't work for my skin and let you ladies in on them. I hope this quick review is helpful for some of you thinking about buying the Maybelline Fit me foundation!


Packaging/Product
I loved the packaging! I thought it looked very chic because of the tall bottle with the black top and I also loved how it had the number of your shade printed on the front of the bottle, which makes it easy to find your Fit. I didn't like the fact that it didn't come with a pump. That's a pet peeve of mine for a foundation not to have a pump because it can get really messy and sometimes way to much comes out.

The product is said to contain no oil in it to allow the skin to breath and feel natural. The foundation is also said to match your natural tone, blend seamlessly, and let the skin breath.




Price
The price for the Fit me foundation is between $7 and $8 depending on where you purchase it.

Shade
The Maybelline Fit me foundation comes in 18 shades. Each skin tone (Light, Medium, and Deep) comes with 6 shades. When I first went to purchase the Fit me foundation I notice right away they didn't have any darker shades. For any of you who has been buying foundation for years you can look at a bottle and tell it's your shade right away, but when I looked in the Deep section none of the shades were my complexion. I'm an NW45 in MAC and an Cappuccino in Revlon, so my complexion is like a chestnut brown or chocolate brown color. I brought the #355 in the Fit me foundation. I was so disappointed with the shade select from Maybelline. This is 2011 and I cant believe people still think there aren't women darker than Halle Berry but anywhos... The shade #355 was alittle to light for me and that was there darkest shade :/

If your an NW47 or NW50 from MAC and a Mocha from Revlon it's going to be very hard for you to find your color match with the Fit me foundation.

Here a swatch of the Fit me Foundation in #355



Coverage/Finish
The Fit me foundation is a light to medium coverage. If you have pigmentation or acne scars I recommend using a concealer with this foundation because it's not a full coverage foundation. The Fit me foundation leaves a dewy finish on the skin, so it makes your skin look shiny. I definitely recommend this foundation for someone with dry skin because it will leave your skin with a dewy finish.




My Overall opinion
When I first I applied Maybelline Fit me foundation I didn't care for it because of the color. It was way to light when I first applied it. But when I began to blend the foundation into my skin it began to darken up a bit. It was super easy to blend on my skin. Even though the foundation began to darken up on my face the shade still didn't match my jawline and neck, so if I did wear this foundation again I would have to blend it all the way down my neck. However, I like the way the Fit me foundation felt on my skin, but what I didn't like is the coverage. I have old acne scars and after I applied the Fit me foundation you could still see them, so I didn't like that because I like a full coverage foundation. After 2 hours the foundation got darker on my skin which I loved because it started to look like my correct shade and after 4 hours the foundation was still on my face, which I liked because of the staying power but what I didn't like was my faced looked like a bag of greasy fries. My face was so oily! It was gross! I already have oil skin but the foundation made my skin look even more oily. I tested the foundation without a powder but next time I wear it I will be sure to apply a oil blotting pressed powder. All in all I did like the foundation in pictures but I wouldn't wear it for everyday use.


Here are some pictures of me wearing the Fit Me foundation in #355




If any of you have tried the new Maybelline Fit me foundation I would love to know what you thought of it.


I hope this review was helpful!


love keisha







8 comments:

Tierra said...

Good review! I think I might try this since its pretty cheap. And I have dry skin so it might work for me! It looks good on you even though its not your perfect color

Keisha said...

@Tierra
Aww Thank you Love! Yeah def. try it out and let me know if you like it or not. I think it would look great on your skin tone.

Raveen said...

I think i am going to try it the have it at walgreens for 4dollars and i have a 1 off coupon! lol

Sharon said...

great review honey,thanx for ur honest opinion I may try it idk if its already in e UK havent been to e drugstore in ages

Anonymous said...

Excellent review. I tried this foundation in the exact same colour and it was way too light. I'll be posting a review as well. Maybe they'll make a few more darker shades in this Fit Me Collection, if not, I'll just stick to Maybelline SuperStay, Mineral Power & Dream Liquid Mousse Foundations. xx

Keisha said...

@Raveen
That's great Hun ;0) I always love a good deal!

@Sher
Thank you! I say give it a try if it's already out in the UK.

@Tanisa
Thank you! I love your review! yeah I hope Maybelline comes out with more shades in the Fit Me foundation too. I've never tried any other Maybelline foundation before but I will now.

AfricanPinay5 said...

lol I have read blogs over and over...and I really really want it now. The price is just great!. Love the review :)

Bronze Sparkles said...

I sampled FitMe 355 and I agree, for it to be the "darkest" shade it was very light. It matched my inner arm pretty well but not my outer arm. After a few minutes it blended in better, but I was put off by the lack of color range. I thought since they used Jessica White for advertising that it would be a nice rich chocolatey shade but it wasn't IMO.

And did you notice how big the jump was from #320 to this one? They could have used some inbetween shades too lol, that's my big gripe about it. Plus my skin is oily so I dont think I'll be purchasing it