Monday, January 15, 2018

Low Carb Meals | Crackslaw

Hey Dolls!

I'm so excited to be posting my first low carb recipe. The secret to my weight loss is following a low carb lifestyle and I constantly get asked for my recipes. It's hard for me to give out my recipes because I never measure anything when I'm cooking. I can eyeball 1 tbsp. or 1 cup to a T so I hardly ever use measuring cups or spoons. I only use them when I'm trying a new recipe. I'm black and from the south so we never measure anything we just know lol. So I've been working on my measuring, so that I could provide my low carb recipes for whoever wants to try them out. All my recipes are low carb and I never use over 5 ingredients so my low carbs meals never take more 30 minutes to make.

Low Carb Crack Slaw


Crackslaw is my absolute favorite thing to make. I probably cook it way too much {at least every other week} It's easy to make, low carb, healthy, and taste delicious. A lot of people make their crack slaw with cabbage but I like to use Broccoli slaw. I've done it once or twice with cabbage but I prefer broccoli slaw. Crackslaw is also great to make for a meal prep.

Ingredients I use:
1 package of Broccoli Slaw {broocili slaw or cabbage slaw}
Ground Turkey {your choice of meat, turkey or beef}
2 tbsp. Olive oil
1-2 tbsp. Low sodium Soy Sauce

Directions:
 I begin by browning my ground turkey in a skillet. I season my ground turkey with seasoning salt, black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder

Then in a separate skillet I place 2 tbsp. of olive oil and I empty the entire bag of broccoli slaw in the skillet and cook until tender. I cook mine slightly tender because I prefer a little crunch to mine.

I then drain the excess from the ground turkey and add it to the cooked broccoli slaw and stir.

I add a touch of soy sauce for flavor but not too much and it turns out amazing!

I make a whole batch of it so I divide it up into containers and eat it during the week.

 Nutrition information is approx. based on the brands, type of meat and amounts of foods you use. My approximate nutritional information is below. Please make sure and do measurements for your particular serving sizes.

Calories: 116
Fat: 13g
Carbs: 4.3g
Protein: 15g

I recommend using the app My Fitness Pal because you can enter your meals and they will tell you your nutrition information.

No comments: