Thursday, December 30, 2010

MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation: Thoughts & Swatches


MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

Product: 4 out of 5

Formula: 4 out of 5

Packaging: 5 out of 5

Quality: 4 out of 5

How much does it cost? $29.50

Where to buy? MAC Cosmetics

Would I recommend it? Yes, for Dry skin types


I love that the MAC Studio Sculpt foundation has a squeezable tube!


Here's a Swatch of the shade I purchased. I purchased Studio Sculpt in NW45.



Advantages
* I love the packaging

*Love that it comes in a Squeezable tube ;0)

* It has a gel-formula and feels smooth when applying on the skin

*Doesn't look cakey or heavy when applied

*Makes dry skin look absolutely flawless

*I love that the foundation squeezes out in little dots so it makes it easy to apply

*It leaves a Dewy finish on your skin

*It has alot of SPF in the foundation and didn't create a white or gray cast in photos

Disadvantage
* It caused me to breakout really bad

*After a couple of hours I needed to touch up my foundation -not good staying power because I have oily skin

*Not good on Oily skin, hint keyword "Hydrating foundation"

*the price in my opinion wasn't affordable


My Overall experience
When I first brought this foundation I wasn't aware that it was meant for dry skin. The MAC makeup artist (that I go to faithfully) recommend it to me and I'm a foundation junkie so I wanted to try something new. If I would have known that it was going to break me out for over a month I would have never brought it. I used it for 3 days and than I broke out everywhere :(
I went back to the counter to figure out what was going on and a couple of MAC artist told me alot of people with Oily Skin had been bring it back with complaints of it breaking them out, so I wasn't the only one. Besides the fact that my skin broke out I did love the feel of the foundation. When I applied it the gel formula feels so smooth and creamy against my skin I loved it. I thought the foundation was going to look heavy or caked on because of the gel formula but it didn't at all and I loved the squeezable tube so much, that was probably my favorite thing about it.

TIP: If you have dry skin that I think this is just the perfect foundation for you to try ;0)

I hope this was helpful and thank you Loves for stopping by my blog!
love
keisha

2 comments:

Sharon said...

great review hun,sadly Mac foundations do break me out I love their Studio fix fluid tho I use it once in a while,my skin is crazy winter=dry but summer its normal to combination type

Keisha said...

@Sher
Thank you! Im sorry to hear that MAC foundations break you out. Try Revlon Colorstay foundation it's a great foundation and very affordable!

My friend is like that in the winter her skin is dry so she wears MAC studio tech and in the summer her skin is normal/combo so she wears Bare Minerals