Monday, December 27, 2010

Nicki Minaj's MAC Pink Friday Lipstick





Last week my Nicki Minaj's MAC Pink Friday lipstick came in the mail and I was soooo happy! When I first heard that Nicki Minaj was collaborating with MAC to create a lipstick I just couldn't wait for it to come out. The lipstick was being coincide with the release of her Pink Friday Album on November 22nd. When I found out it was going to be a collaboration to create a custom Barbie pink I was even more excited.







Pink Friday is described as a Bright creamy pink. It is a Satin finish so that means it has no shimmer in it and is a creamy to semi-matte finish.






Here's a swatch of Pink Friday Lipstick


Here's a few pictures of me wearing Pink Friday






The Good
You don't own a pink like this! The good thing about Pink Friday is that it is a unique pink. It's a bright pale pink color but has a purple undertone. I noticed it right away when I swatched it on my hand. In the tube it looks like a deeper tone pink but when applied it was actually paler.


Color: 4 out of 5

Formula: 5 out of 5

Packaging: 5 out of 5

Quality: 4 out of 5

Price: $14.50


The Bad
Because it is a very opaque color on the lips it can look alittle chalky. And we all know when your a Women of Color you don't want anything chalky on your lips because it could look like crust on your lips. So definitely exfoliate your lips and moisturize them really well before apply.

It is extremely Limited Edition! It was only sold for 4 Fridays this year (November 26, December 3, December 10, and December 17) so if you missed anyone of those Fridays than your out of luck!








My Overall Opinion
I Love me some Nicki Minaj! I love the fact that she is so different! I love her music, her theatrical personality and even her Gorgeous makeup! (Her makeup is always on point) BUT however I wasn't to much loving her Pink Friday lipstick. I was so excited to get this lipstick and even missed 2 Fridays trying to get it because it sold out than to actually get it and try it on only to not really like it on myself :/ I like the texture of the lipstick because it feels so creamy on my lips but I thought the color was way to chalky for my Skin tone. I am an NW45 in MAC and Cappuccino in Revlon and against my skin tone it was very chalky and milky. I liked the color when I swatched it but I did not like the way it looked on me. This is just my opinion (others might say different) but if your lighter than an NW43 I think this would look better against your skin tone. However I did like the fact that it looks like it has a purple undertone in it, so it would look great with a purple tone lipliner or gloss.



If you dolls missed the chance to snatch up Pink Friday Lipstick great dupes are MAC Lavender Whip Lipstick or MAC Snob Lipstick!


Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog! I love you dolls so much! Ya'll truly keep a huge smile on my face ;0)



love
keisha

3 comments:

Raveen said...

i love your eyeshadow in this post!

Sharon said...

absolutely stunning love Nicki on u its pretty but I didnt want it haha..hope u hav a love xmas hun

Keisha said...

@Raveen
Aww Thank you Hun! On my Eyes I have on MAC Bronze, All that Glitters, and Handwritten eyeshadow

@Sher
Aww Thanks sweetie! I did and I hope you did as well ;0)