Thursday, January 21, 2010

Welcome Dolls!!!

Hello Dolls!

This is my very first post! I was inspired to make a beauty blog for two reasons. The first reason was because I've always been passionate about makeup. But when I was in high school it was very difficult for me to find out how to chose a foundation, how to find my right shade of foundation, or what eyeshadow colors I should be wearing. Women in my family didn't wear makeup at the time and when I went to cosmetic counters to seek help there was no one with my skin complexion or no one with a similar complexion to help me. So, I took it upon myself to research and study to find the best makeup products that work for me and other Women Of Color.

So, I'm made this beauty blog because after reading and studying cosmetic companies, cosmetic books, websites and other blogs, applying makeup to myself, and practice, practice, practice, I now have the knowledge and desire to help other Women Of Color!

To give a background of myself. I've always been into makeup ever since I was 15 years old.

What started my passion for makeup?
My grandma gave me a cosmetics book for my 15Th birthday called Fine Beauty by Sam Fine. I fell in love right aways. I also learned how to do makeup from Seventeen magazine. I'll still to this very day get Seventeen magazines and that's mostly where I get my beauty tips from. For 4 years I've always done makeup on myself, my mom, and my sisters but in April 2009 I decided I needed to branch out and practice on other Women Of Color.

So, on my beauty blog I like to share with beauty tips and products reviews for women of color to help you along the way on your makeup journey to finding the right products that work for you. So be ready for lots of pictures, helpful tips, product reviews, tutorials, and hauls.

'til next time Dolls!

No comments: