Monday, October 11, 2010

Guru Recreation: Makeupdoll's Old Hollywood Makeup for WOC

Hey Dolls!

As promised here is an Old Hollywood Look for Women of Color. Sorry it took me so long to get this look posted but what perfect timing with Halloween coming up. This might be a look you want to do for Halloween. I saw MakeupDoll from youtube do this look and I wanted to recreate it. MakeupDoll is one of my favorite Makeup Guru, and if you guys don't know who she is than definitely check her out, She's Awesome!

If your Interested in seeing her video for her Old Hollywood Makeup for WOC than click here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft8heqHVU_w



Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket




Let’s get to the makeup…

I did something a little bit different. Instead of just listing the products I used I wanted to give you a detail description on how I achieved this look so it could be more helpful.

FACE
I first applied my Ambi Daily Moisturizer, than I applied MAC Oil Control Lotion. After I allowed my moisturizer and the oil control lotion to set in. Than I applied face primer using MAC Prep+Prime. After everything has dried and set in I applied Revlon PhotoReady foundation in Cappuccino and Mocha. I mixed the 2 colors together to get the perfect shade for my skin tone. I than applied MAC Studio Tech in NW45 to the center of my face. To set the studio tech foundation I applied IMAN Oil Blotting Pressed Powder in Deep. On the outer part of my face I applied MAC Studio Fix in NW50. For my Blush I used MAC Raizin Blush. To contour my face I used MAC Embark eyeshadow and For Bronzer I used CG Queen Collection Natural Hue Mineral Bronzer in Ebony Bronze.

BROWS
On my brows I used Maybelline Define-a-brow eyebrow pencil in Dark Brown, Maybelline eyeshadow in Nutmeg, and Revlon Brow Gel in Clear. For concealer I used MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer in NW45.

EYES
I first applied NYX Champagne eyeshadow under the arch of my brow. I than mixed MAC Swiss Chocolate eyeshadow and MAC Embark eyeshadow and placed into my crease. On my lid I packed on MAC Arena eyeshadow. On my outer v I applied MAC Carbon eyeshadow. I smudged my lower lashline with MAC Carbon and MAC Embark eyeshadow. To line my top lashline I used Maybelline Gel liner in Blackest Black and to line my lower lashline I used Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Black. I than took a white N.Y.C Eyeliner and placed it along my waterline. Next, I took MAC Arena eyeshadow and placed over the white eyeliner to set it in place. For lashes I used Red Cherry #43 and on my bottom lashes I used Maybelline The Falsies mascara.

LIPS
For my lips I applied Burt’s Bee’s Beeswax lip balm to moisturize my lips. I than traced along my lips with NYX Espresso lipliner and applied MAC Diva Lipstick

I hope you enjoyed the look and Thanks for stopping by!

Xoxo
keisha

No comments: