Saturday, July 10, 2010

Makeup 101: Base vs. Primer

Hello Dolls!

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Today I'm going to talk about which is better to use a Base or a Primers. In preves post I've talked about What is a base and what is an eyeshadow primer, so today I'm going to explain which is better to use.

I believe a base is optional and a eyeshadow primer is a requirement. A base as I've said before enhances the appearance or color of the shadow, but a eyeshadow primer helps the eyeshadow stay on for hours and prevents creasing. So in my opinion its better to always wear a eyeshadow primer underneath your eyeshadow. If you want to you can use both. I often use both a base and primer.

PRIMER
-Prevents creasing
-keeps eyeshadow on for hours

BASE
-Enhances the color of the eyeshadow
-Makes the color of eyeshadow more vibrant and bright
-Makes the undertones in the eyeshadow come out


DO YOU WEAR EYESHADOW PRIMER ALONE OR ADD A BASE TOO?

I hope this was helpful and thank you for stopping by!

'till next time Dolls!

xoxo

keisha

No comments: