Everyone had been buzzing about this Revlon PhotoReady foundation. Tons of people have been comparing it to Make Up For Ever HD foundation because they both are suppose to be Photo friendly ;0)
The Foundation only comes in 9 shades. This foundation is perfect for someone who has dry or dull skin and want a dewy and glowy look to their skin
Before I went to the store to purchase a bottle i did some surfing on the Internet and I had in my head I was going to purchase Cappuccino, but when I got there and actually saw it in the bottle it looked too light. Than I looked at Mocha and it looked too dark. There was no in between color so I brought both of them.
Revlon PhotoReady™ Makeup - for poreless, airbrushed skin in any light. Photochromatic pigments bend and reflect light to erase every flaw. Complete, yet undetectable coverage. Soft, luminous finish.
- Oil free
- Fragrance free
- SPF 20
Cappuccino was too light for me and Mocha was too dark for me so I have to mix them both together to get the perfect color for my complexion.
* Feels light on the skin, doesn't feel heavy or cakey at all
* Has a shiny glow for those who want a healthy looking complexion
* Has a pump -which makes applying foundation much easier
* Amazing Coverage -goes on sheer but can build up the coverage
* It's not runny
* Great lasting power -it lasted all day without a primer
* Great price for a quality drug store foundation -between $11 and $13
* Not great for photos
* It drys quickly -so you have to apply it fast
* Not a wide range of colors for WOC
* Contains alot of SPF -which can cause a shadow or gray cast for WOC
* Has shimmer in the foundation
There were so many mixed reviews for this foundation. Some noticed a shimmer and others have said they didn't notice shimmer in the foundation. For me, when I first applied the PhotoReady foundation to my face I didn't notice any shimmer. But after I took pictures and a couple of hours late I started to notice the shimmer right away. Also when I applied the foundation around my nose I did notice I felt a tingling sensation. I have no idea if it was from the foundation but it didn't go away for awhile. All in all I did like the foundation but I didn't like how it made my pores on my cheeks stand out in pictures.
TIP: If the shine is a big deal for you, after applying the PhotoReady foundation set it with a blot powder to eliminate the shine.
I hope this was helpful and thank you for visiting my blog!
disclaimer: I purchased these products with my own money. I'm not being paid by anyone or any company, these are my own opinions and thoughts