Saturday, July 31, 2010

Makeup 101: What is eyeshadow Base?

Hey Dolls!

How are you lovely Dolls doing? I hope G-R-E-A-T!

How many of you Dolls look at an eye shadow and thought wow this is such a gorgeous color, you buy it, get it home, try it on and it doesn’t even look like the color in the package! GRRRR…. This has happened to me so many times! When I was in high school I didn’t have very much money so I use to buy cheapie drugstore eye shadows like Wet n Wild and Cover Girl and it would never show up on me. Than one of my good friends taught me what a base was and I saw a huge differences in how the eye shadow looked on my skin. So, many people don’t utilize a base because they are not aware of what a base is and they are not aware that a base can make your eye shadow more vibrant and make the color pop!

Q: What is a Base?
A: A Base is a substance that you apply underneath your eye shadow to help enhance the color and appearance of the eye shadow.

Q: Why use a Base?
A: Using a base can enhance the color of your eye shadow. It can make it more vibrant, look more shimmery, look more darker or look lighter, and bring out the pigment in the color.

Q: What type of Base to use?
A: There are matte bases and cream bases. I recommend using a matte base alone for a matte look and when I use a cream base I layer it with a matte or frost eye shadow.

Here are different types of bases you can use:

NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencils
MAC Fluidlines
MAC Paint Pots
MAC Shadesticks
L’Oreal Shadow sticks
Maybelline Shadow sticks

I really hope this post was helpful and thank yoU for stopping by my blog!

'til next time Dolls!

xoxo

keisha

No comments: